The roles as Community / Regional Team Members are really the most critical and important roles in the overall project.
Each Local Community / Regional Team will ideally be made up of-
All team members will need to be good communicators and encouraging to all those entering the competition.
will ideally introduce themselves to and assist the Local Government Council to firstly establish if the Council is staging and hosting a Local Community Paint4Freedom Art Competition
In cases where the Local Council is not staging and hosting a Local Community Paint4Freedom Art Competition, we would ask our Rotarian Volunteers to encourage any Local Community Art Societies and/or Galleries to stage and host their own Local Community Paint4Freedom Art Competition - Details can be found on the website how this can take place and what each Hosting Partner will need to know.
- It is important to understand, there can only be one (1) Local Community Paint4Freedom Art Competition per council zone / territory. This means if the Local Council decides they wish to stage and host and have the facilities to do so based on the Competition Host Requirements, this is the preferred option.
- Once the Local Council has indicated their interest in staging and hosting a Local Community Paint4Freedom Art Competition, they will be given a fixed period of time to complete the necessary documentation. After that period has expired, we must actively pursue any Local Community Art Societies and/or Galleries to stand in and stage and host their own Local Community Paint4Freedom Art Competition.
- Assist and where necessary informally overseeing the Senior Art Students arranging and speaking about the Paint4Freedom Art Competition at-
- Local High Schools – Both Public and Private
- Local Universities and Art Colleges
- Local / Regional Art Societies and Galleries
The Paint4Freedom Competition overall will consist of four levels-
- Local Community / Regional / State / National Competitions, Exhibitions and Finals Judging.
- Local Community Competition geographic zones are based Local Government / Council geographic territories.
- Local Community Competitions will be held in Local Government / Council venues, Community Halls, Local Galleries or Art Society venues based on availability.
- Local Community Competitions will accept entries from Children (Age categories) and Amateurs only.
- Each Competition level will send the first three place getters in each category to the next competition level.
- Local Community Competitions will send the first three place getters in each category to the Regional Levels.
Estimated time commitment will be 2 hrs per fortnight until during the Competition Entry & Hand-in Dates period (Weekends only). During this time, each volunteer will be asked for enough hours to cover the opening hours of the Competition Hosting Venue where all Community Competition Hand-ins will take place.
Local Community Competition & Entry Hand-in Dates will be subject to the local competition timing-
(Suggested timetable format image)
Entry timetables will be dependent on host venue negotiations based on practicality and any contributing community factors.
We do hope that the original Rotary volunteers from the Community Competitions all follow through to volunteer at the Regional / State and National Competitions as any of their artists and artworks are selected for each competition level. This will provide a team support like atmosphere for those artists, whether children or amateurs, who’s works are selected for the next level.
If you are keen to assist here, please just complete the fields below.
If you have any questions specific to this role, please email: Rotary.Volunteer@paint4freedom.org